December 13, 2022

So, yesterday was a day i was disturbed by my reaction to others' behavior more than I expected. I should point out that Friday December 9th was our winter gala at Vertava Health..and i was the MC and i was so nervous. But, it went off good. I need to be prepared the next time I lead a group in the song 12 Days of Christmas. I could not remember where Lords a Leaping Maids a Milking Ladies Dancing all fell.. We all had a good time, though. I should point out that Management is not included in all the prize gifts and all. ( I am included in Management ) I sometimes have to pinch myself to remind me of this fact. Anyway, earlier in the day, there came a time when there was a list of php clients that would be going on the Walmart AA outing , and some needed their safe bags pulled. I was involved in getting the list together. As I am over transportation. Well, i also work with JT over the PHP and Judy has taken on the task of safe items to be pulled, etc. I respect all of that. Well, because i was bringing information and update to Judy..she always barks back she knows who to listen to on that and was going to wait for JT. I did not let it go,as I should have..i reacted to her being her usual angry self. I kept walking up after her, and she ended up shutting the door on my hand. I later apologized and reached out to her and seriously tried to make an amends. She seemed to be okay with that, even was cordial to me that night at the Gala. It was yesterday morning, the Monday after the event..and i was caught up and was there in morning Flash and was looking for creamer, and could not locate any..the fridge was crammed full with food from the weekend caterers. so, i reached out to Jim and asked him if he would pick up two creamers...and i also later relayed this to Judy..and when I spoke to her directly she was once again flippant when I asked if she was out or needed any creamer, and she replied No, and that she also didn't care because she did not drink any of that. So, I decided to tell Jim nevermind. I also relayed this to Judy...and never got a text back from her. I followed with a text expressing i have already apologized for Friday and that I wished she would not continue being angry at me. I also finally said life is too short to hold grudges. It is what it is..i accept that. I said let me know if there's anything she ever needed and wished her a good day. She did reply "just please leave me alone." Today, at work, i did not reach out to her, I also avoided her . I accept it is what it is when if comes to Judy. Lincoln and I had a heated discussion yesterday regarding a Vendor who is working on our van. I had gotten him one of the important items we needed for accounting to pay them for their services in the future, but i was still needing to fill out the New Vendor Invoice form, for accounting. I finally said I would have it done before the days' end. I finally was able to cull the information I needed fromthe W-9 form they had sent me on Friday. i did get the information over to the right departments and people I also was on the phone with Lincoln regarding another task..we interviewed a new prospective PRN driver..but ended up turning him away because he did not have a high school diploma , or equivalent. Lincoln called me a few minutes after to remind me it was important to ask : high school diploma, background check... see the difference in the different personalities? I should point out that Justin helped me to reach out to the body shop yesterday at the end of the day, too.

Comments

Popular Posts