...wonder why.

Last evening, I ran into a couple of old acquintances while I was at Wal-mart. I was kind of glad to see them..and was saying hello when I noticed a large 10lb bag of sugar in their cart..to which I commented,.."oh, they have their sugar on sale for 1.90 a bag..(referring to the smaller version of 4lb)...and Tina D comments "oh this is a better buy"..and i replied.."oh, okay." And, I noticed she was a bit under the weather, and mentioned she didn't look well...anyway, I bid my goodbye and went on. And, I was thinking to myself, some things never change...referring, of course, to the idea of someone else making a positive suggestion going over like a lead balloon in her eyes, she cannot add, she was late often on the bills, and she was sickly...all these thoughts in a matter of a few seconds, you realize. Of course, I ventured over to the sugar aisle to verify and confirm she was wrong..and she was. I even fought the urge to take a snapshot and send a photo showing that the larger bag was 3.4 cents an ounce versus the smaller bag being 3.0 cents per ounce. What's up with that? I can be right, and I can also allow others to think and decide what's right for them, can't I?
Then, this morning, I get up from a bad dream..and go into the big room and discover the floor lamp *with the 6 little 4w bulbs* was off..I go to switch it on ...only to find out that its been unplugged. Why? Of course, I plug it back in..and turn it on to dimly light the room. I text Jesse asking if there was a reason he unplugged it..it was not a big deal..just curious. That is what I texted him..of course, in my mind, I kept obsessing over the fact that didn't he realize it took me some effort to run an extension cord to that for it to even work..and he unplugged it? There I go, making an imaginary conflict arize in my mind...maybe he couldn't find the switch and it was easier for him to unplug it. Or, maybe it stirred up some horrible memory in him and he just cannot stand it on. Or, maybe he thinks its wasting electricity to even be on. To that thought, I even verified it uses only 4w per bulb and there are 6 bulbs, so we are speaking of 30w total. I just had to verify whether what I did was in the wrong or right...why? What does it matter? Is there a right or a wrong in the first place. Gees...its just a lamp...and it can either be used, or it can not be used. NO BIGGIE...except to me and in my mind. I have this deep seated desire to know I am right..and I fight that urge to express I am right to other people.
Sigh.
I have to go workout at Body Scupt. Later

Comments

Popular Posts