Dreams…

I had a “using” dream this morning just before I awoke.  Well, in this dream I never actually got to use. But, the other person had some stuff, and had mixed it up and asked me if i wanted some..at first, I hesitated, then, I said sure. And, then, it was more mixing and getting it ready and he was about to give it to himself and I said what about me..so, then, he proceeded to get it ready once again to get it right..and I might point out through all this, I never actually touched it..but watched the level of stuff lower in size. And, then, he hands me a rig and I see a cop in the distance start talking to him..and there I am..trying to figure out where I am gonna throw this stuff before the cop sees me…then, I wake up.  later.

Comments

Jessica Wicks said…
Sometimes a dream can be a valuable sobriety tool I think. Early in my sobriety my sponsor and I used to take what he called gratitude journeys. We'd go to downtown Houston to skid row and spend some time on the streets. Perhaps to a local hospital for a meeting. On these journeys, it would all come flooding back. Memories of the denial, the fear, the sickness. We then would talk about what we had today. Hence the term "gratitude journey" or "gratitude ride."

I haven't had any of those dreams lately. When I did though my sponsor suggested and it was good advice, to use those moments after awakening. Seek out the fear and resentment and all the other feelings I was feeling at that dream moment. Then list what I have today thanks to sobriety. I haven't had one of those dreams for many years now. But when I did, they helped keep me from taking a drink or drug.

Popular Posts