Close up picture of Todd


This is my new friend, Todd. He just joined my home group. He has a 15/16 year old son and is a single parent. I truly enjoyed our conversation after group last evening. His sexual persuasion is different than mine, but this does not take away from what I hope is going to be a wonderful friendship. Guess what? I have some wonderful friendships with guys that happen to be heterosexual. These relationships are deeper and more spiritual than I have ever been able to have with anyone in life. I am also discovering that the most fulfilling relationships happen to be ones that are spiritual in nature. I would love to experience a fulfilling relationship on the physical, spiritual and emotional plane all in one person. (and this would, of course, include a love that was sexually expressed). But, I do not know if I will ever encounter this..whether this is because of my sexual insecurities (or hang-ups) or what..back in the day, there was a time I did not care emotionally, and was in it for the sexual release. But, today, I have somewhat of a conscience...maybe so much so its to my own demise, sexually-speaking. I do not get to experience intimacy. It gets to me, at times. Of course, looking back to when I was sexually active, the intimacy was not so much intimacy by true definition, but rather, just animal-istic behavior..acting out sexually with lust fulfillment..spiritually empty and devoid of true emotional fulfillment. So,which is better? Today, I experience on the physical plane a bond with the guy who coaches and guides me in my workout-Michael, who is a great guy friend who is in tune with working out. (and occasionally, we have talks on a more spiritual level, for he is involved with his church, too). But, mainly, I get spiritual and emotional fulfillment from my involvement with my home group where I've been blessed with my relationship with God and many friends. I realize I have many things to be grateful for- but still, there are times, I truly would love to experience this wonderful life with someone special, who loved me, and I loved them..as we walked this spiritual path of recovery together, side by side. Will this ever happen? Maybe. Until that day,though, I will do as my friend Barbara often says.."left foot, right foot"..and keep walking on this spiritual path remembering to be grateful with each step... love to you all. Later.

Comments

Popular Posts