Facebook | Daryl Wicks

Friday May 14, 2010 evening

Well, my room-mate Joan stopped by this evening. She has been house-sitting for the last few weeks and so has been pretty absent from home. I have not seen or talked to her very much, at all. This evening, she paid the last portion of May’s rent (as is usual), and then enlightened me that she was in a dilemma- that her friend Elisha is in need of a room-mate and did not know many people and that she was going to be moving in with her. She was polite about it, and all. I was silent as I absorbed the news. I enjoyed our room-mate situation, it truly helped to make ends meet. I am unsure if I will be able to do so after she moves out, or if I am going to have to look for another room-mate. I hate change. It never fails, though. As soon as I get a “rhythm” to things..money in, money out..something rocks the boat and I have to adjust.  I know it will be okay. Its just the uneasy and unsure feeling one gets, or I get, when this occurs. I cannot help but feel a bit rejected or not good enough. Truth is, I was not rejected. Joan is in need in another situation with a friend..and when Joan is moved in there, both of them will be able to better afford to buy their prescription medications. As it is, I believe it is costly for them since they have no insurance, and they are unable to afford some medications prescribed them. So, I understand. I am blessed in spite of these changes. I just hate the idea of sitting down and figuring out my budget and seeing if i can or cannot afford the modest life I lead. I think I can. The only added expenditures that could be classified “entertainment” is DISH and Internet service and the gym membership. I can cut back on the DISH, for sure. I am ahead on my phone/Internet bill so I can even skip a month or two if I had to ..but the gym, I truly love working out at the gym, and i will do anything and everything to keep my membership there. I do have 2 memberships, so, if I need to cut back, I suppose I can cut back the TItan one since I only go there once a week, at most. I am going to turn this over to God and ask for guidance and strength. I knew inside before Joan approached me about this this afternoon that she was going to say something to me about moving out. I do not know how or why, but I knew instinctively that she was.

later

daryl

Facebook | Daryl Wicks

Comments

Popular Posts