Sunny Sunday Morning in May

Sunday morning, May 16, 2010

Daryl Wicks

It is a sunny morning out there. Earlier when I first got up to let Deejay out, there was a heavy fog out there. I only have a few moments before I have to get ready to go to church, but I am wanting to get in the habit of writing. I awoke this morning feeling good, actually. I am adjusting to the notion that the day will come and my room-mate Joan will be moving out. Adjusting is another word for accepting. I realize that sometimes things are just an inevitable flow of life, but the acceptance of such things are not always in the same rhythm. This is where a lot of our heart-aches and fears derive from, I believe. It truly is back to that basic phrase “Acceptance is the key to ALL our problems.” And, the phrase is completed with this “…and God is the answer.” On the surface, it sounds religious, but nothing could be further from the truth. (that is, coming from my understanding, and you, of course, are entitled to your own understanding). Back to what I was saying, the truth is, it is spiritual…God gives me strength, compassion, empathy, love, understanding, and ultimately acceptance. And, this, I believe, is how that last part of the statement is connected to the first. Its like a train ..the engine being God, and all the cars following are the spiritual principles, and the caboose at the end is acceptance. (grin). Time to go. Later.

Comments

Popular Posts