APRIL 28, 2010

Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 1:34:18 PM | noreply@blogger.com (Darylkw)
I just got back from the Noon meeting at Ray of Hope. It was good. The topic was about how to not drink (or use). For me, it took the loss of my freedom to wake me up to the reality of my problem. After going away to TDCJ and coming home, I realized how much I took things for granted. No more. I was willing to go to what lengths it took for me to not hang around that old crowd and to not use again because I just did not like the consequences of that life-style. It was not a matter of whether I was an addict or alcoholic..it was a matter of the fact that the result of using, no matter what the substance was/is, for me,,,was quite parallel to what the reading materials and others in the meeting halls stated.. jails, institutions, and death. I, too, had been to 3 rehabs (that is an institution, as I understand it), and I have had 2 PI (public intoxication) and there at the end, had charges of possession with intent to deliver, and also, manufacturing and delivery. These charges did not happen overnight..but, they progressively got more serious and ultimately caused me my freedom. The fact is, that lifestyle I chose to live, was leading me to these institutions, and jail sentences..from my own personal experiences, I saw and realized this. Its the other part, too, that is stated at meetings...that continued use leads to jails, institutions and death. I have experienced the first two..and the other thing that is stated is that this "disease' is progressive..so, it remains a fact, whether I accept it, or not..if I go back out, I will pick up where I left off and immediately progress into my disease. I have a problem, and NA and AA have given me a solution today. I am so very grateful, too.

Comments

Popular Posts